NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Evoguide, switcharoo

Hi All,

So further to my recent question regarding focusing the Evoguide. I had an additional question for the corporate brain.

My rig presently consists of 72ED with ZWO533MC Pro, Evoguide with ZWO mini and an Aisair pro.

I was looking for a faster widefield scope and it ocurred to me that by fitting a field flattener to the Evoguide that I potentially already owned one.

My question is this, can I simply switch the cameras and use the 72ed as a guidescope or is it too big?

Trying to do things on a shoestring, so as much as I'd like to purchase the RedCat and all sundries to go with it, I'm sad to sayvits not an option right now. I could however, possible push the budget and buy a small guidescope but then how do I attach it the evoguide without blowing more cash?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom.

Simon 

No reason why you can't. If you dither you might need to adjust the settings and I don't know how big a sensor the evoguide can illuminate. But there is no reason why it should not work.

Edit - just checked and it should illuminate the sensor OK.

Edited by Clarkey

Just another thought......

There is a Stella Mira 0.6 reducer / flattener that you could use with the 72 ed. Not sure how good the correction would be compared with a purpose built flattener but optically it would be running at f4 so fast.