NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hilkinson ARGUS 9x63 RC

Hello

I have come across a pair of Hilkinson argus 9x63 RC, and wonder if any member can shed some light on them as there seems to be no information on the web that I have been able to find.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Trevor 

They'll be a japanese made pair, I have a shorter Falcon pair that are 8x40 ish IIRC that are similarly styled and aren't bad, tho looking toward the sun can give a bit of flare as the objective tubes aren't as black as they could be. Can't say if these are the same and of course you could always flock them tho you'd probably put the collimation out if you remove the objectives to do that.

Hello Dave

As always many thanks for responding.

The 9x63 looks quite a modern design, have asked some questions, will be interested to see what answers I get.

I also won a bid for a pair of 9x50 Trento, but when I went t of see them they were seized solid so passed.

In regards to my Tal 1 pedistal project for the 100r I have managed to secure a Tal 1 for £30.

As always many thanks for your assistance.

Trevor

wow was that £30 complete with eyepieces etc? Bargain and it's not a bad OTA/mirrors, the finders are great too.

As far as those Hilkinson bins go they aren't all that modern I think, do they have a JTII sticker on them anywhere, possibly no JB/JE markings but quite likely early-mid 80's at best. Expect they'd work OK depending what you want them for but they aren't weatherproof so bear that in mind.

Hello Dave

As always many thanks for responding.

The Tal 1 was the 32mm variety, and only comes with a single lens which I probably will get rid of along with the tube, mount and finder, as I only want the pillar and legs as I have a Tal 1 with 1.25" eyepieces.

As always many thanks for your assistance.

Trevor