NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Balance issues with light scope

Hello again, 

Just wondering if people have any tips for balancing a light telescope on my Heq5pro. 

The reason I ask is because the axis on the heq5 pro are stiff enough to make it difficult to find perfect balance, as the explore scientific Ed 80 isn't heavy enough to make it easy to notice, with my heavier scopes it's incredibly easy to do. 

The reason I suspect the balance is off is due to poor guiding with phd2 (polar align excellent with sharpcap) , after calibrating and using guiding assistant. 

Appreciate any help and time taken to read this. 

I would suggest if you are struggling to balance the scope the axis are too stiff. I would recommend a strip down and regrease to loosen the whole thing. My HEQ5 was stiff (but not that bad) but is now very smooth and easier to balance. I would also add that if the axis is that stiff the guiding will undoubtedly be affected also.