NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pos. satellite viewing

ChrisEdu

Can someone tell me if there was a satellite travelling roughly WSW to ENE around about 6.30 ish (not too sure on time) this evening? I saw something in the sky, about the same brightness as a bright star going across the sky. It was slow enough for me to pop indoors to get some binoculars, but still moving at a reasonable pace.

Have you tried using Heavens-Above Home Page to get predictions for sats passing overhead? I know there was a passing of the ISS for my location at around 19:20 this evening, it is very bright and very obvious as it moves across. Maybe check the website out and try to view the next sighting of the ISS, see if it matches what you saw tonight? You will have to set up an account (this is free) in order to get the information for your location, this is easy to do - trust me, I did it!

Someone else might be able to give you a more definitive answer though:)

Amanda

Archived