Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Amazing Image Quality!

The quality of images produced by members borders upon superlatives. Quite amazing the advances made within the field of amateur photographic images from my last effort in 1968 with a 6" Newtonian and a Minolta  SRT-101. Certainly a field in 2022 that I shall not explore, best left to those with the knowledge and inclination to deal with todays 'peculiar' cameras 🙂

I shall simply sit back and enjoy others efforts!!!

Cheers Rob

Yes, the progress has been dramatic. The whole vocabulary has changed...terms like hypersensitisation and reciprocity failure are from a different era, to be replaced by the likes of quantum efficiency and read noise.

And yet I miss the wet chemistry needed to develop Ektachrome 200 or TP2415....you got one shot at processing a roll of 36 all the same way!

• Like 1

I've got an old coffee table book from the early 2000's of professional astro images and the majority of them are no a patch on what guys are producing now from their back gardens.  It's incredible.

• Like 1