NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bresser messier 127l

Hi, I have the 127l bresser messier on a eq5 mount although I had no issues with it, I manage to balance it it balanced well, although I hear that this scope is to heavy for this mount does anyone agree with this or does anyone else have this scope on a eq5 with no issues?

Personally I would not say the refractor is to heavy for the mount unless you are planning on a AP session.

For visual observing it is more than enough. 

If it helps my 150mm f/8 weights 12,7 kg and the Celestron EQ-5 is rated between 11,4 - 13,6kg

It works just fine for visual. 

11 hours ago, Gabby76 said:

Personally I would not say the refractor is to heavy for the mount unless you are planning on a AP session.

For visual observing it is more than enough. 

If it helps my 150mm f/8 weights 12,7 kg and the Celestron EQ-5 is rated between 11,4 - 13,6kg

It works just fine for visual. 

Do I just need to make sure everything is balanced I mean I have a 10mm Delos eyepiece and 24mm explore scientific they're quite big not really heavy tho.

Just balance things out well and you should have no issues. 

You can find the balance point of the telescope while indoors and then fine tune it at the mount. 

I like to put a mark on the dovetail and mount to  indicate the balance point when putting the telescope onto the mount.