NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

which observatory

:):icon_salut:Hi all.

i am now going to buy an observatory, i plan to use a dome and a warmroom next to it. i have spoken to Pulsar who are very helpfull. are there any other dome type obs design sellers that i can look at or indeed, if you know someone selling one i am equally interested. i have 12" lx90.

cheers all

Kev Turner

Kev

I have a 9ft Pulsar dome and am very pleased with it. I bought the dome only and built the base myself. I wanted a square building so I would have storage in the corners.

I looked at two other makers but opted for Pulsar. Quality of the fibreglass is great. The only complaint I have is that the stainless steel fasteners were poor in qualiity so after one winter I spent £100 on marine grade stainless nuts and bolts and replaced all the original fittings.

The other manufacturers I looked at were Sky Domes, based in the west country but they seem to have gone out of business? I also looked at Voyager Domes, based in Scotland. They looked good but were more than I wanted to spend. They can be found at:

Vycon Observatories

There is also Sirius domes. These are made in Australia and the UK importer is Kevin Smith. Kevin has one in Northants. The web site is:

What's new - Astronomy.

Hope this is useful

Adrian

Archived