NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My first clear sky....yipeeee...

delilahtwinkle

I got a great view of Saturn and Capella I could just make out Pleides, we had to keep going back to Saturn...it was amazing. It was a tad smaller than I expected, been told to buy new eyepieces as I am using the ones supplied with the scope. I observed for a couple of hours then used the rest of the night trying to learn the sky. I drive for a living and hopefully I will be flying round there like I do the motorways own here. Just finished work so going to go out now and have a little peek at the moon. Thanks for giving me the confidence to get out there, :). Roll on the next clear night. Dt.

Hi Delilah,

Well done, when I saw your post earlier today I was going to reply saying how jealous I was..... but I had about an hours worth of seeable sky tonight. I could see the mist/haze rising all around my current useable horizon and knew I would'nt have long, so I decided to try to find my way around with binoculars only rather than try to rush my new telescope into service. I was quite amazed at how much I remembered from my childhood (The 'I spy book of astronomy' - please somebody tell me you remember it too.) Please keep posting your obsevations Delilah, I find it very encouraging for me.

Regards PP

I remember the first time I saw Saturn through a scope it was kind of a defining moment. I'm sure you know what I mean. Now when I get people round and the sky is clear I like to show them when it's in view as I love the amazed expressions!

Archived