NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Tulips in May...

Sterrenland

Well, a tulip!

Had an unexpected clear night last night and managed to get 3.5 hours of The Tulip Nebula. Turned out to be quite a good night. Even though SH2-101 was quite low to start with, the seeing was fairly reasonable...and no moon to contend with!

And the bonus is capturing the star that is orbiting around the black hole Cygnus X-1.....I think I've got the right one! Fascinating!

I suspect I'll be reprocessing this one a few times and playing with the colours!

tulip_may22_2.thumb.jpg.f679b2cd3b3f7e178b5d48d4571d513e.jpg

Image19_annotated.thumb.jpg.5278cfe39d30aa13104bd3dd88b94f2c.jpg
  • Like 10

That really is a very good image 🙂 
I like those colours, the processing has not been overdone so quite subtle, and the nebula is what the eye focusses in on first not any overblown stars that dominate some images  when overstretched.

All in all I really like it 🙂 

Steve 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

That really is a very good image 🙂 
I like those colours, the processing has not been overdone so quite subtle, and the nebula is what the eye focusses in on first not any overblown stars that dominate some images  when overstretched.

All in all I really like it 🙂 

Steve 

Thanks Steve...very kind of you.

Amazing how little changes in processing can change the whole look/feel of an image. I've just reprocessed the data...slightly different recombination of the split/adjusted colour channels...slightly more contrast. Think I prefer this one as it has a little more 'punch'.

tulip_may22_3.thumb.jpg.4a93af8f2f535d4b96e431a452758371.jpg