NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help - SynScan AZ GOTO Problem

I've just had a couple of nights out with my new Skymax 127 SynScan AZ GOTO and Celestron Lithium LT powertank. Initialising and alignment go okay and the mount slews and tracks but at some point the handset seems to freeze and won't accept any key inputs. The only way to clear it seems to be powering down and starting from scratch - a little frustrating and annoying. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm hoping it might just be a firmware issue. Queried with FLO, so waiting to see if they have any ideas as well.

• 1 month later...
On 09/05/2022 at 12:55, Paul_Sussex said:

I've just had a couple of nights out with my new Skymax 127 SynScan AZ GOTO and Celestron Lithium LT powertank. Initialising and alignment go okay and the mount slews and tracks but at some point the handset seems to freeze and won't accept any key inputs. The only way to clear it seems to be powering down and starting from scratch - a little frustrating and annoying. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm hoping it might just be a firmware issue. Queried with FLO, so waiting to see if they have any ideas as well.

Hi

I had such a problem too. I solved the problem by updating the motor motherboard firmware. (Only now is the error different for me at the moment, unfortunately i have not found a solution)

• Confused 1

On 09/05/2022 at 11:55, Paul_Sussex said:

Have you tried doing a factory reset on your hand controller? Sometimes this can sort out transient faults.