Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How do I get rid of this weird gradient?

My guess it's due to street lights, as there is no way for me to not get them in my image, I'm basically surrounded by them.

Is there a way to fix this green blob in my image? I'm using photoshop for post processing, but I can't seem to get rid of this green middle effect in this image, also sky gradient seems to be terrible, can I fix this?

image.png.0ae69a85c11faf234fa5dcacdf7dff94.png

I also tried different settings in DSS, but the problem still persists, at least it got rid of the green color.

image.png.5c48801f6ade684e2d2f32cc250f6b64.png

Raw files:

Autosave.tifAutosave001.tifAutosave001.tif

Edit: Seems like I found something that helps, didn't think about gradients before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9weEol1aWds

Edit2: Seems like the method I found worked, got this as a result, thoughts?:

image.thumb.png.af52134ef6baca583bb3543091bf02ac.png

Edited by Lotinsh

Something is a bit weird here, can you clarify a few things?

Did you use flats when stacking? If so, did you also take bias (or dark flat) and dark frames? Also, what camera, what scope etc?

Superstretched version for diagnostic purposes below:

Capture.JPG.50605cf388505603ee490f5b8413cb02.JPG

Its difficult to tell for sure what is going on since there are so many different camera orientations going on at the same time, but to me it looks like you have quite severe overcorrection of flats going on (middle is darkest, opposite of what it should be). Could also be from dew/frost on a secondary mirror or maybe in the center of a refractor lens (that im not so sure about) if you did not take flats at all. There is also a weird looking diffraction spike on some stars that appears to not be a typical newtonian 4-prong one but just a 1 or 2 sided spike? Not sure what to make of it.