barlow help needed

I don't know that barlow from personal use but I think it is designed for use with the Meade ETX scopes. It may work fine but it might be worth getting it "on approval" so that you can check it comes to focus with your eyepieces in your scope.

I believe that optically they are a decent, if basic, barlows. The TAL 2x is probably slightly better and that goes for around £30 new if you want a guide on what to pay.

John

thanks John, i did read that it was for the ETX scopes but would work with other scopes f5 and above but i suppose it has got to be better than the cheap basic single lens one that was supplied with my Skywatcher 130

thanks John, i did read that it was for the ETX scopes but would work with other scopes f5 and above but i suppose it has got to be better than the cheap basic single lens one that was supplied with my Skywatcher 130

Yes, I expect it is better than the standard issue item - just make sure that it does not move the focus point outside the range of your focusser - "shorty" barlows sometimes do that.

John

• 1 month later...

Hi red dwalf

Just wondering if the Meade #126 fitted into the focussing tube. I have the #124 which definitely does not fit into the 2" to 1.25" adaptor on my Helios (Skywatcher by another name) 120mm refractor. I am awaiting delivery of a Skywatcher 130PM reflector so am keen to find out whether the Meade Barlow is likely to fit.

Thanks

Frank

Hi Frank,

bought the Meade 126 2x barlow and it works fine with my Skywatcher 130p infact i was very impressed with it and have started to use it for imaging with a webcam and have had some pics of the Moon and Saturn, would recommend it, in fact it was in last months Sky at Night mag and also had a good review in there.

Archived