NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Svbony SV905C , experiences for guiding?

Neko

Hi all, 

I have recently bought an OAG to use with my SCT 8" with 6.3 reducer, and the only guide camera I've got, that usually use with

Evoguide50ED, is an old (first gen) QHY5m camera...  Having tried that on the mentioned setup with the OAG, found it hard to get

stars, and also hard to focus, So I was looking into an affordable alternative and saw that sv905c (to also use as planetary, occasionally) 

So I was wondering if any of you got experience with this camera, specially for guiding. Haven't been able to find many reviews (actually

just 2) or opinions. 

I am aware (or maybe just a wrong guess) that any present/modern camera will be more senstivie and thus being able to get more stars

than my old QHY5, but just wondering for affordable alternatives. Interested on the "mini" format as then I could use the mini helical 

focuser that comes with the Askar OAG, as with the QHY5 I have to remove it and it makes things harder too. 

thanks in advance! 

Carles. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Steve, 

thank you, I have seen that review, but he is using a small guide scope though..  

couldn't find any other (well found one in japanese a while back but was similar) 

Thanks for your help :)

Regards

Carles.