NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Isle of Wight - is it worth taking the Tabletop Vixen

JOC

So sometime in the future I hope to be wandering back from a few good nights out in Yarmouth, Isle of Wight at sort of midnight-ish.   From what I read the night sky out that a way might be pretty good, do you reckon it's worth packing my baby Vixen and a box of EP's or if I should just stick to seeing if I can get some shots of the milky way and maybe of Orion with all those extra stars in the middle which I assume should be visible in that location with my camera on a tripod - perhaps someone could just remind me what those ideal settings are F? Exposure - around 20s? film speed?  I could dig out my old Orion thread, but it will take me ages to find it.  Just how good could the Sky be do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

If I get a chance to stick the DSLR on an unguided stationary tripod to try and photo the milky way roughly what settings and exposures should I try please?