Fine tuning the RA axis on a Star Adventurer

Does anyone know of a bolt-on accessory or a something that I can add to a star adventurer to be able to fine tune the RA axis?

When plate solving using ASIAir plus to find a target, its so much easier to adjust the declination in small increments as it has a turn screw. To adjust RA, you have to loosen the clutch, which can cause the whole scope to slip off. 

I don't have SA, but what about motor controls?

If it can be guided - it can be instructed to move in RA direction as well - you can probably use that instead of clutch to move mount to wanted position.

Regular mounts have x2, x4 and so on sidereal move rate - not sure if SA has something like that - but you can use that to move it forward, backward in RA?

This is from manual:

image.png.98c8a1e2e60d7a90cdc5116552bbbeed.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vlaiv said:

I don't have SA, but what about motor controls?

If it can be guided - it can be instructed to move in RA direction as well - you can probably use that instead of clutch to move mount to wanted position.

Regular mounts have x2, x4 and so on sidereal move rate - not sure if SA has something like that - but you can use that to move it forward, backward in RA?

This is from manual:

image.png.98c8a1e2e60d7a90cdc5116552bbbeed.png

Ah, of course. Thanks for that. It was right in front of me all along!

1 hour ago, CraigD1986 said:

Ah, of course. Thanks for that. It was right in front of me all along!

lol same, i had a nightmare yesterday trying to get something in the center of the frame, loosening the clutch each time, cant believe i didnt think of the buttons on the mount to do exactly this!