Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Queenslander!

AndysAstroPix

Can't help but think this looks like a map of Queensland, Australia.

BBW 56 - Not too many images of this large molecular cloud structure with ionization front. It's an interesting target that I visited previously.

That time I only used HaS2N2, but on this occasion I was determined to capture some O3. It's there - just dim - 9 hrs Bin 2x2 has revealed it's presence here, (seen in blue).

BBW56 is one of 400 objects catalogued by Brand, Blitz and Wouterloot. The catalogue established in 1986 was based on a study to understand the outer galaxy rotation curve from the Southern Hemisphere. As Brand, Blitz and Wouterloot researched the southern sky they catalogue various objects. Many of these objects are lesser known perhaps due to being extremely faint. BBW56 is a complex nebula comprising of emission and dusty reflection nebulosity. The presented image is a small area of a much larger nebula structure residing in the constellation Puppis. (text: Jason Jennings)

Big thanks to my buddy Paul who captured the Ha from his dark site while my gear was on holiday there.

Paul also captured some RGB stars for me with his gear, which I've masked here with the Ha stars imaged with my gear, to allow the best of both worlds - tiny stars with natural colours. 😀

BBW56_HaO3S2_RGB_FB.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 11.03.35 AM.png

• Like 11