Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M42 - Need I say more?

Snoani

This is just a quick post to share my latest image of M42.  Like a lot astronomers and imagers, it is target that I am naturally drawn to and probably will continue to be for years to come.  

This image is made up to 50 minutes of each RGB filters, 90 minutes of luminance and 2.5 hours of Ha blended in.  I had some trouble with it because my blue subs have been producing significantly bloated stars recently, which I think must be due to the filter, and so I have had to manually remove large halos behind a number of the stars.  Otherwise it has produced nicer colours that my previous attempts with OSC cameras.  The core is a little more blown than I would have liked but I think and I think can be improved on but that will be a revisit for a later date.  

Thanks for looking.

945993531_220117M42Orion.thumb.jpg.739a5f9b34eee310b130f9db978c7451.jpg

All subs taken using a WO GT81 APO, ASI 1600MM Pro, Baader filters, HEQ5 (rowan upgrade) and ASI Air Pro.

• Like 12