NGC1579

astro mick

Boy did i sruggle with this Nebulae,known as the Northern Triffid.I did,nt realise how faint this object is.It is both an Emission and a Reflection Nebulae, and is located in Perseus.Even with 5hrs of LRGB i struggled to stretch this Nebulae without it badly deteriorating into noise.

It was taken with a ED102 with a x0.6 reducer an an Atik 460ex ccd.The Luminance hardly added anything at all,so next time i will go RGB.It needs a dark sky.The Moon was present at half phase but was to the south of this Nebulae.

It does have some blue star halos,which are,nt easy to cure. 

Mick.

NGC1579.png

NGC1579B.png

Edited by astro mick
  • Like 8

I think that image would benefit from more separation in the background.

There is true background and dark nebular surrounding the object. Dark nebula can be sort of spotted in the image because of different density of star field. I think it would look much nicer if there was also color / brightness distinction between it and natural background.

Level of denoising in the dark areas seems a bit forced as well.

1 hour ago, vlaiv said:

I think that image would benefit from more separation in the background.

There is true background and dark nebular surrounding the object. Dark nebula can be sort of spotted in the image because of different density of star field. I think it would look much nicer if there was also color / brightness distinction between it and natural background.

Level of denoising in the dark areas seems a bit forced as well.

Hi vlaiv.

Yes your right there is and i have posted my attempt at getting it,but did,nt seem to look right.Dont think i have enough data.

Mick.