Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M78 and a chilly wind...

Sterrenland

I only learned about M78 after seeing some pics on the net recently...I loved the contrast between the red and blue areas of nebulosity/star formation.

Despite the moon starting to rise higher in the sky I thought I'd give M78 a go...I wasn't too fond of the gusty wind and the temperature hovering around freezing, but am pleased I managed to capture something. The weather having been what it is this year it's been a case of trying to get outside whenever there's a hint of clear sky. Even using the Asiair Pro in the warmth of my kitchen, I still end up having to go out into the cold for focussing, etc. In the end I managed about 1.5 hours of 2 minutes exposures. Brrrrrrr!

I found this one a bit of a challenge to process what with trying to keep the clouds of dust/nebulosity and differentiating between the reds and blues.

M78_DEC21_adjusted2.thumb.jpg.2d5c3739fd0927425c45c35a2e2d2d37.jpg

• Like 10