NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Meade autostar 2 handset

Hi guys is any one selling a Meade autostar 2 handset am looking for one for my Rcx 400 telescope it’s got to be handset as we’re I live in Scotland the wi fi is crap so setting up scope through wi fi is a non starter for me cheers thanks rob 

Until Meade resurfaces from the Takeover, used handsets are the only source, and very rare.

If you have a PC connection there is a Virtual Handset in the Meade Autostar Suite software, and in the MyScope diagnostic software.

Why is WiFi a problem in your part of Scotland ?

Wifi handsets only need to work over a few feet distance, and you can check you're not on the same frequency as your neighbour's home WiFi with a Sniffer.

You can use an iOS device wirelessly, I use an iPhone, running the ScopeBoss handbox software to completely replace the wired handbox, functional way better too.

Michael

Thanks Michael I’ve downloaded the scope boss to my iPhone I will have to read more into it, about wi fi in my area it keeps cutting out and rebooting itself so don’t no how it would work with scope I’ve always used handset with my scopes so this would be new to me so will definitely take a shot at it thanks rob 

2 hours ago, Virgo man said:

about wi fi in my area it keeps cutting out and rebooting itself

That sounds like you're talking about the domestic WiFi  in your house ?

Astro WiFi use is short-range between two WiFi Transmitter/Receivers.

Such as an iPhone, and a WiFi RS232 Adapter plugged into one of the RS232 ports, in the case of ScopeBoss.

Michael

Michael

Thanks Michael will have to sit down and look into this on the scope boss app when downloading to iPhone when you switch screen round it says ip address and scope number can I ask what that means sorry if I sound stupid on this but do not do teck stuff am just simple eyepiece guy 🤪cheers rob 

IP Address of the WiFi RS232 adapter, such as Meade Stella, or SkyFi, is a number like 192.168.16.254,  and it's Port Number is a number like 8080

There are Tutorials and Reviews in the tabs on this page:

https://sites.google.com/site/scopebossapp/

And there's this review:

http://www.weasner.com/co/Reviews/2017/ScopeBoss/index.html

Michael