Eq6 connect to asiair plus

Looking at images of both devices a USB cable that has a type B connector one end and type A the other.  Ideally if you are going over 4m I would suggest using a 5m Active cable rather than passive.  An active cable boosts the signals .

49 minutes ago, David at Bythel Obs said:

What cable do I need to go from USB port on Mount to usb in the air pro. Lots of confusing advice About. Both items are new

thanks

The confusing advice is probably about the Asiair Pro and some of the EQ6 USB mount types.  The advice was probably to buy an eqdir cable.

The problem was the lack of update of the Raspberry kernel on the asiair Pro not handling both versions of the usb driver the eq6 mount needed for both to work.  Those that worked without issue using a USB type A to B cable set the baud rate to 115200, the others had a choice of using a technical fix from ZWO or buying an eqdir cable (those need the baud rate set to 9600). I would hope the issue is not present on the asiair plus as that has been released well after ZWO fixed the problem on the Pro.

In short try the USB cable first, if it does not connect then contact ZWO (or at a push buy the eqdir cable)

HTH

Steve