NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Leo Triplet

jgs001

I'm pretty sure I got this, I can see three faint fuzzies in the image. I need to practice on other things and get guiding working for these I think. It didn't help that the clouds moved in after only 90 minutes on subs... I also think I must have knocked something as the focus looks a little out. I applied 11 Darks, 11 Flats and 11 Dark Flats

leotriplet.jpg

Very nicely captured there - but it isn't the Leo Triplet! Took a bit of digging for me to work this out :lol:, but the two bright galaxies you have there to the right are M95 and M96, not M65 and M66. The bright star to top left is 53 Leonis and the faint edge-on fuzzy midway between it and M96, is UGC5897 mag. 13.8.

Still a good bit of work though, what you've offered are two galaxies less often seen. Going on my TO DO list!

Thanks Jamie, the NexStar is gathering dust at the moment... I do have the little 60mm OTA that came with the mount still boxed up, so it's got possibilities still :lol:

Very nicely captured there - but it isn't the Leo Triplet! Took a bit of digging for me to work this out :), but the two bright galaxies you have there to the right are M95 and M96, not M65 and M66. The bright star to top left is 53 Leonis and the faint edge-on fuzzy midway between it and M96, is UGC5897 mag. 13.8.

Still a good bit of work though, what you've offered are two galaxies less often seen. Going on my TO DO list!

:blob8: Oops... I missed again ... I wandered why it didn't look quite the same as the others I'd seen, I figured I'd just got something wrong in my setup. I did, but not in the way I thought, and it was only 30... what's that amongst friends :). Thanks though Pete, and good luck for your go at them. Next time I'll find the proper triplet (I hope).

Archived