Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Reducer/corrector for Edge SCT

Hello everyone.

I have used a standard C11 Schmidt visually for some years.  I now have an Edge8.   I can't afford the official Edge reducer/flattener but still have the original Celestron 0.63.    This will give me the focal length reduction but has anyone had experience of its effect on Coma etc?

Any thoughts very welcome.

Ray

Try it out, see what the image looks like, and report back on here.  What's the worst, the view is terrible?  Take a medium bright star at low power and sweep it from center edge and watch what happens to its shape and focus point.

I often mix and match optical pieces looking to find hidden gem combinations.  One is using the Tele Vue Panoptic Barlow Interface with the GSO 2x 2" ED Barlow.  They work perfectly together.  I also tried the PBI with a 6" long Orion Deluxe 2" Barlow from Japan.  Horrible results probably due to the massive mismatch in expected focal length.  The TV Big Barlow that the PBI was intended for has a fairly short focal length like the GSO.