Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Simple AP

Hi,

I am constantly blown away by the many fabulous pictures posted on this forum. I am a visual observer but occasionally like to slot a DSLR into the eyepiece holder just to record what I have seen.

I would be very interested if anyone else does something similar and would post pictures of what you can expect with minimal effort.

Here's two of mine.

M81 and M82 was taken with 10 sub second exposures on a manual alt/az mount through a SW 102 Star Travel, no darks or flats, ISO12800 and processed in Sequator. I think I can just make out some spiral structure in M81 and you can see the 'exploding' center of M82.

M45 really surprised me in that I captured the blue nebulosity. I had photographed this before but never captured the nebulosity. This is 20 x 10 second exposures at ISO 1600. It was using a Tak FS60CB on a driven alt/az mount. Again it was processed in Sequator and then some very small tweaks and cropping in gimp.

Malcolm

M45.jpg

M81M82_seq_light.jpg

M81M82_seq_light.tif

• Like 4