NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Problem with slew limits

I have just got my new skywatcher scope with an az goto mount. whilst I can just about understand how to set it up using the brightest star and two star alignment method I appear to be having problems with the slew limit preventing me from pointing where i need to. I understand the slew limit is in place to prevent the scope striking the tripod but the scope seems nowhere near the tripod when it comes into effect. Even with the slew limit disabled it will at some point tell me my slew limit has been reached.

Does anyone have any experience with this mount and if so is it possible for someone to tell me where Im going wrong please its driving me nuts. My synscan handset version number is v3.03 and the scope is a 5.1" reflector.

I have the same scope - Explorer 130P.

When aligning the scope on a star, if you are getting "slew Limit" message it means you are trying to move the telescope to somewhere other than to the alignment star position. If you are unsure of where the stars are use a planetarium program like Stellarium to help you.

Mike

Archived