NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

That Isaac Newton guy did a number of my refractor! Can you solve my issue?

Some fool,- definitely not me - was trying to drink a glass of Sainbury's Cava whilst adjusting the scope on the mount.

The mount was pointed at the NCP, and the dovetail slipped through the mount grips and to the floor. 'Definitely not me' managed to 'save' it from concrete with the interjection of a well placed foot and not a small amount of Cava was lost.

After I got it back on I noticed that the 3" Crayford Focuser was slipping out and the EAF could move it out, but not back in/up. I Googled it and properly tighted a hex screw and that issue appears to be fixed.

However, when I took the flats from last time I was out vs this time - I get something different - which worries me. The scope seems to be totally shifted over on the flats.

I've uploaded a single light frame from last night also.

Any ideas?

EDIT

So I have found this morning that loosening the hex bolt under the focuser moves the flat circle back to centre. However, this also means the focus moves loosely and falls back. I can find no way to loosen the hex screw and keep it tight - there appears to be no opposing tension screw on the top. 

0-Flat-27-Sept.jpg

0-Flat-1st-Oct.jpg

Light_NGC7822_120.0s_Bin1_gain100_0026_1.fit

Edited by mrflib