Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Blurry Astrobin Images

Hi all, 

(UPDATE: Astrobin have contacted me to help resolve, they think it may be a bug specific to my hardware/upload options. Happy to hear it's only an isolated thing.)  

I've looked for information on this else where but haven't been able to find anything.

Whenever I upload an image to Astrobin it always appears to add a slight blur to it, removing a lot of the finer detail. In fact I can see it happening, if I click on an image in someone's profile I briefly see it nice and crisp before being blurred a second later. This happens with all of my own images and it's annoying to share links with friends/family only for their first impression to be a blurred image. Anyone else experience this?

Clicking on the image to enlarge it solves the problem but I find it quite disappointing when first scrolling through my gallery and seeing them like that. First impressions and all that. 

There is lots of information out there regarding how to maintain quality when uploading to social media but nothing I can find for Astrobin. I didn't expect a dedicated astrophotography site to do this but I guess some sort of compression is being applied? Does anyone know a way of avoiding this? Is there an optimum aspect ratio, resolution, file format etc for Astrobin uploads or am I missing a trick?

Thanks in advance 
Danny

Edited by Dann