NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

prism extension

Hi all.  Here in Cadiz Spain I´m getting back into stargazing after a few years away.  Glad to say I´ve attracted a spanish neighbour to join in.  But when I use my telescope on high in the sky objects it leaves the eyepiece low down.  Especially as my 90degree prism has broken.  And my body, as well as that of my neighbours´, is not as flexible as it used to be.  So I´m wondering if there are extended prisms and/or is such a good idea.  Any thoughts would as always be very welcome. 

ps Great to be back.  The smile on my neighbour´s face when he first saw Jupiter´s moons was just great.😃

• Like 1

It sounds to me that you need a new star-diagonal.

It appears that the star-mirror diagonal that came with your Bresser kit...

https://www.bresser.de/en/Astronomy/Telescopes/BRESSER-Messier-AR-127S-635-EXOS-1-EQ4-Hexafoc.html

...is exactly like the one that came with my Explore Scientific 127mm f/15 Maksutov...

1167073324_star-mirrordiagonal3.jpg.17587ef188a941601d43ce5de1bb4e4c.jpg

However, you can make use of a 2" star-mirror, and thereby a 2" eyepiece or two.

I don't understand what you mean, precisely, as to an "extended prism".  You can certainly get a 90° star-prism diagonal in the 1.25" format.

I think it's great that you have an observing pal.