NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Can't connect to Mount - trying to help Dad!!!

Hi, so after many months of research my dad finally committed and bought a telescope with an AZ-Gti mount. I had it all connected and somewhat working through his phone and now can't even connect to the mount. I've spent hours trying to figure out whats wrong and can't. We keep getting this message on the app. The mount is connected to the phone. 

Any advise appreciated. 

Thank you. 

Screenshot_20210905-145834.jpg

You might have already have tried this but have you gone into the phone settings and told it to connect to the WiFi network with the name "SynScan_bb22"?

By default my phone will connect to my home wireless and ignore the AZ GTi unless I specifically tell it otherwise. Once it's connected to the WiFi of the mount itself you can go into the app and tell it to connect which should give you control via the phone.

Edited by Andrew_B

I have to turn off Mobile Data, but apart from that it's as you'd expect:

(Optional) Turn off WiFi on the phone 

Turn on the mount 

(Optional) Turn on WiFi on phone 

Select the 'SynScan' WiFi to connect to.

Click through the warning that there's no Internet connection.

Open Synscan app 

Hit the Connect button.

It'll flash up the IP address and then should connect. (It's at this point where Mobile Data being on can bring up a message).

Edited by Gfamily

Most of which is covered in that linked thread... 

What happens if you try connecting via a different device (laptop or another mobile phone).  If that fails, and none of the suggestions in that thread work (such as resetting the mount or moving location) then the options are to return the mount if its within warranty, or purchase the optional wi-fi dongle which seems to have resolved the issue for the other users who experience the same problem