Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

7+ years and I am back into the hobby

Catanonia

Hi guys,

It has probably been 7 or more years since I stopped the hobby due to work, business etc.

But recently I decided that I needed something for myself and so took the plunge again and ordered some new kit as my Boren PowerNewt (for those that remember) was so painful to use, it really made me pack the lot up for a long time.

So a new camera, scope and accessories were in order to go on my aging NEQ6 Pro mount. So here was my shopping list

ZWO 183MC Camera

ZWO Auto Focuser

EnHance Filter + Starozona filter drawer system

ZWO 120mm guide scope and camera kit

ASI Air Pro

and to top it all off, a RASA 8

So much has changed, love the ASI Air Pro, it makes PA so much easier, has all the tools I wanted to code myself, removes all the laptops, clutter etc etc and makes imaging fun again

And the RASA 8 - WOW !!!!!!!!   F2 and I love it.

So after 6 weeks of clouds (new scope syndrome sorry) I eventually got some hours to test out the new kit on an old favourite, NGC 7000.  Back to learning PixInsight and gave me a pleasing OSC, but I wanted more.

So attached also is my 1st ever Hubble Pallet attempt which needs improvement, but for a 1st try on brand new kit after 7+ years, I am thrilled.

Nice to be back in the hobby and hopefully will hang around more in SGL if you will let me :)

Images were 50x 120seconds OSC ZWO 183MC with EnHance filter in bortel 6 skies in late August 2021

(lol, looks like I re-applied the star mask upside down in the Hubble, still have to remember the RASA is a mirror image of the target  :))

NGC7000 Test.jpg

NGC7000 Hubble.jpg

Edited by Catanonia
  • Like 6