NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

BST StarGuider 2x Short Barlow Lens, yes or no?

Hello all,

Apologies if there is already a review on the above. (Please direct me if there is I'm struggling to find it!)

Feeling my Heritage 150 Dob. would benefit from a X2 Barlow?

I'm on a tight budget but could squeeze the £49 on the BST but will I notice the difference between that and the Astro Essentials (which I believe is the same manufacturers?) For £25?

The EPs I have are the stock 25 &10mm have added a BST 8mm and Plossil 32mm.

What I'm hoping achieve is larger planets/detail and perhaps magnified clusters and other DSO'S.

Any help advice or direction to actual reviews/discussion around the BST X2 short Barlow, would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

T

3 minutes ago, John said:

The BST barlow is decent but the Astro Essentials one is also not bad so, being honest, you might not notice much difference for your additional £25.00.

Thanks John,

I noticed you'd rated the Astro Essentials on another thread. Just haven't found a complete review of the BST shorty yet. Don't want to be in a position where I buy the former and keep wondering if it could be improved! 

T