NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Lx200’s on the market

Like many on here I am a keen watcher of ABS. There are so many lx200 classics or gps on there right now. None are selling.

I got my lx200 12’’ classic for £500 a few years back. Most are up for 3x that at least now. Might explain why they aren’t selling I suppose. But what are they worth?

I’d say a 12’’ classic or gps is worth about £1k if in good nick. The acf’s perhaps double that. What do you think?

10’’ maybe £750

8’’ perhaps £500

anyone care to value the 14’s or 16’s!? These are a bit harder. 14, say £2k and 16” say £3k? Reckon I’d pay that if I had it!!

look forward to your opinions,

Dan

38 minutes ago, yuklop said:

Like many on here I am a keen watcher of ABS. There are so many lx200 classics or gps on there right now. None are selling.

I got my lx200 12’’ classic for £500 a few years back. Most are up for 3x that at least now. Might explain why they aren’t selling I suppose. But what are they worth?

I’d say a 12’’ classic or gps is worth about £1k if in good nick. The acf’s perhaps double that. What do you think?

10’’ maybe £750

8’’ perhaps £500

anyone care to value the 14’s or 16’s!? These are a bit harder. 14, say £2k and 16” say £3k? Reckon I’d pay that if I had it!!

look forward to your opinions,

Dan

I think your figures are about right, the issue is ATM all second hand kit, not just the Meade SCT scopes, seems to be selling, or at least being advertised at hyped up prices, doe to the lack of new stock, this will settle down in time, or at least I would hope it will…just look on eBay at some of the popular second hand Astro dealers, and the prices they are asking, some of them are approx just 5-10% under the cost of the item new….😮😮