NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I need help with my camera, it's shoot button is stuck! Please suggest anything!

Lotinsh

So I went to the beach and my idiot self left my camera on my bag, and while I was swimming the wind picked up and blew a lot of sand on my camera. At first I didn't even think about that problem with leaving my camera exposed. But after a while I came back (it began to rain) and noticed I left the camera and quickly put it my bag, at this point it was VERY sandy, I cleaned the sand off with a brush. But the shoot button is stuck, I cannot press it or unpress it, it's stuck down and not moving, how can I repair this? Did I destroy my camera? I'm really concerned, it still works and takes photos fine, the button doesn't work though. Any suggestions?

My camera: Nikon 3300D

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask about this, I couldn't find any photography websites where I can ask questions.

...mmmm...It might be time for a Nikon service centre

You could try and disassemble it yourself for a quicker and cheaper fix, but so much could go wrong

I have a Pentax ME that I left out in the rain with the lens off.

And discovered it in the morning, I took the battery out and the film was just soaked.

It still works today (well not much film work recently)

So there is always hope

• Like 1

If you have a scalpel, with a 10A blade, or even a 3d print nozzle cleaning wire, stiff 0.3 mm with a handle, and gently try running it around the button, to see if it releases the grain of sand...

• Like 1