NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Az gti ready for eq mode

Hi

I recently received my star adventurer 2i, so now with the supplied wedge I can try my hand at eq mode with my az gti mount. I bought a polar scope adapter from ali express and a used eq3-2 polar scope I think. I need to calibrate the polar scope and add the counterweight shaft and weight to the mount but it's coming together for a portable lightweight eq goto mount. There are 3 thumbscrews on the polar scope adapter thing, so I can turn the scope to PA I'm going to use loctite threadlocker on 2 of them and leave one free so I can rotate the scope knowing that once that thumbscrew is tightened iip the polar scope is still central in the holder, if you know what I mean. I hope this makes sense, I know I can use a planetary camera to PA in sharcap but I want as little electronic devices to take out with me for now, in the future I'll go down this route and guiding, platesolving but for now simplicity is key. Also I do have a bolt to replace the dovetail plate clamping knob to stop the mount fouling. 

IMG_20210609_192635.jpg

IMG_20210609_192653.jpg

IMG_20210520_195635.jpg

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Like 1