Connecting DSLR to telescope

Really dumb newbie question...so get ready,....and sorry in advance

Just got my first telescope skywatcher discovery 150i WiFi GOTO. Have a canon 800d unmodded camera. Have the correct T ring and also a X 2 Barlow lens with thread for T ring. Scope is 150mm aperture and 750mm focal length. Is there anything else I need to get to be able to attach DSLR and do some.basic imaging of some stars, galaxies, nebula and planets ......if so what......or have I got completely wrong end of stick and this set up will never do any astrophotography.....I'm getting myself confused. Sorry for being so dim and thanks in advance for any help or words of wisdom...Steve 🤔🙄😄

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Plymouthwelshboy said:

Really dumb newbie question...so get ready,....and sorry in advance

Just got my first telescope skywatcher discovery 150i WiFi GOTO. Have a canon 800d unmodded camera. Have the correct T ring and also a X 2 Barlow lens with thread for T ring. Scope is 150mm aperture and 750mm focal length. Is there anything else I need to get to be able to attach DSLR and do some.basic imaging of some stars, galaxies, nebula and planets ......if so what......or have I got completely wrong end of stick and this set up will never do any astrophotography.....I'm getting myself confused. Sorry for being so dim and thanks in advance for any help or words of wisdom...Steve 🤔🙄😄

Nothing obvious to me, though a cable release or intervalometer might be useful to avoid wobbles which tend to occur when pushing the expose button.

That said, I am very nearly as new to DSLR imaging as you are, having only taken 3 images so far.

One thing I found is that it can be hard to focus. I guess a Bahtinov mask would be invaluable here but I only acquired mine recently and haven't used it with a camera. Works brilliantly for visual observing though!

28 minutes ago, Plymouthwelshboy said:

or have I got completely wrong end of stick and this set up will never do any astrophotography.....I'm getting myself confused. Sorry for being so dim and thanks in advance for any help or words of wisdom...Steve 🤔🙄

Ah yes, sorry, I did not pay attention to that detail.

Your scope sits on AltAz type mount - which is less then ideal for imaging.

Do have a look at this thread:

It is very long running thread - but should serve to encourage you.

You'll just need to adopt certain technique of imaging - short exposures and lots of them. You'll have to learn how to process such data. Hopefully, you'll find guidance in comments in said thread.