Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M13 Unguided

Okay okay, I know it's not a very original target, but I'm back to unguided until I fix or replace my laptop & it was such a fantastic rare clear night (Thursday), I couldn't resist a go at something!

Captured about 4h of data (2min exposures at ISO800), but after deleting the worst ones (tracking errors), this is around 2h of data.

As always with globular clusters, I struggle not to blow out the centre. Should maybe have used a shorter exposure or lower ISO? Tried to compensate a little in GIMP, but any more & I end up creating a large black hole the the centre!

Anyway, it's my best globular cluster so far & was fun to image / see like this as it was always a favourite 'visual' target of mine in the past (mainly as it was easy to locate!), so nice to see a great deal more than the 'averted vision blur' 🙂

M13jpg.jpg

• Like 7