iOptron iGuider 1

Does anybody have any experience of using this guide scope ?  If it works well, it is a very attractive proposition: the total weight is only 200g and it attaches directly to a CEM26 mount.  This would give me a fighting chance of squeezing a 4.5 inch refractor onto that mount.

I was missing out some of the fine detail.

Whatever your imaging scope FL, if that image scale is about the usual 1arcsec/pixel, I'd say that 6.44arcsec/pixel is too much.

If it was 2arcsec/pixel, which might be considered undersampling, the ratio is about right.

But this is probably going to open the usual arguments about image scale, and about guide ratios.

Michael

Based on your comments and more Internet research, I decided to go for a Starwave 50mm guidescope. A bit more ingenuity needed to attach to my current set up, but should see me through a couple of upgrades.

Edited by MillHey Nebula
Typo