Moon at daylight and at night

Kon

I loved seeing the moon in the afternoon sunshine with a beer today (but not as many details) but also at night with prominent features. The afternoon session was awesome with the warm weather and the kids loved seeing the moon. At night, I was captivated by how symmetric some of the craters were, nearly perfect circles. I got a nice view of the Golden handle as suggested by @Dark Vader. I had not paid much attention in the past but some rilles were nicely visible (also last night). It makes me wonder why the two poles have disproportional amount of craters. I also took a couple of shots at daylight and night time. I hope you all enjoyed your sessions.

DSC_0989.jpg

DSC_0999.jpg

Edited by Kon
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Dark Vader said:

Glad you caught a bit of it. If conditions and timings are favourable, there's normally a clear dark shadow between the terminator and the sunlight hitting the top of the mountains. 

I could not make a dark shadow as you described but I will have a look again tonight since we are spoiled with clear nights.

We're too late for that this time round, it must have happened in daylight early yesterday. Next month, maybe...

One for tonight - Gassendi. Or tomorrow - Schroters valley. Getting pretty bright now, if you've got a moon filter....😎

• Thanks 1