NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Luna from North Cornwall 21-4-21

AstroNebulee

Nice image. Wind and cloud cut my imaging session short after just one imaging run. Can't really complain as we have had a good run of clear nights, but it is a shame as Copernicus seemed to be really well lit right on the terminator.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Nik271 said:

Nicely done! The 1500mm focal distance of the 127 Mak is perfect to fit the whole of the Moon or Solar disc onto an APS-C sensor.

Thank you Nick. Yes it's the perfect fit for my dslr, I'm thinking of using it in video capture mode for the partial in June, I did think about using my 72ed with zwo asi120mc-s but it crops a lot out of the view and the Skymax 127 and dslr seem the best option for this event. 

Clear skies 

4 hours ago, Roy Foreman said:

Nice image. Wind and cloud cut my imaging session short after just one imaging run. Can't really complain as we have had a good run of clear nights, but it is a shame as Copernicus seemed to be really well lit right on the terminator.

Thank you Roy. That wind was sure playing havoc with imaging the Luna yesterday evening also. I did try my zwo asi120mc-s in the scope, it was quite buffeting at this set up and with a x2 Barlow jumping around more than the British trampoline squad. Do the dslr gave the best none shake imaging there was. Like you say shame as copernicus was looking great and I really wanted to image Hadley Rille and Frau Maro closer, next time.

Clear skies 

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Like 1