Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Is there a way to resize FITs files before registering and stacking?

Hello Folks

Sadly, I lost a bunch of fit files (blue and ha) due to dew. Now, to save my image (and not have to wait for awhile for a reshoot), I would like to composit images (FITs) of different exposure lengths, sizes and binning, which means stacking and aligning in DSS (Scaling and transforming tiff files in post in PS CS2 proved to be a huge challenge, as the images won't align correctly, always jumps a few pixels).

So, my question is: Can I resize them before I toss them into DSS, at the very beginning of processing, and how do I stop a strong blue cast to the final image (as bin 2 strengthens the respective histogram due to higher sensitivity).

In a program called imageJ, there is a resize function, but it doesn't seem to work (it changes the files to tif ones, and DSS still tells me my pics. are of different sizes and incompatible. I also couldn't find a resize option in FITs Liberator. Changing files to tiff and then stacking (one color tif to a Lum. reference frame) produces brighter files, which are no good. Could I maybe use the autosave image?

Regards

Andy