IFN near NGC1560 in Camelopardalis

gorann

This is an area I found to contain quite a bit of weak nebulosity when surfing on Aladin Sky Atlas (DSS red data). There are a few images of the main galaxy (NGC1560) but I do not think this wider area has been imaged before, at least not at this depth. I assume most of the nebulosity can be classified as Integrated Flux Nebula (IFN) as it is very weak (lit up by the collective radiation of the Milky Way galaxy) and not clerly lit up by specific stars as in brighter reflection nebulae.

The few images I found of NGC1560 shows a rather fuzzy galaxy (like in this image) which may explain why so few have aimed their telescopes at it. It is about 10 million ly away from us.

The data was collected during one night with my two RASA 8, each with an ASI2600MC at gain 100. Totally 114 x 5min, so 9.5 hour which is enough to go quite deep at f/2.

20210418-19 IFN&NGC1560 PS36smallSign.jpg

_20210418_19_IFN_NGC1560_PS36 annotated small.jpg

• Like 6