Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

asiair dslr and CP2102 help

powerlord

hi chaps, I've got myself an asiair, and got it connecting ok to my 1200D and 6D, but can't seem to get any sort of live preview working ? without which I'm struggling to see how yer supposed to get focus spot on ?

Or is the idea to use liveview on the camera itself only as I would do ?

It also doesn't seem the most reliable thing - 'crashing' the dslr sometimes - I'm trying skipping magic lantern to see if that is the issue.

Also, so far having no joy trying to connect my EQMOD contol mount EQStarPro - the usb port is a CP2102 chip UART job, but ASIAIR is not detecting it. A search online shows a few others using EQDir leads based on this chip connecting ok, but I wanted to see if anyone on the forum has this working with this chip/cable or better still - with an EQStarPro.

At the mo, I'm wondering if the rasp pi isn't' mounting it for some reason and next step will be to root it, ssh in and have a look - but if there is some dumb thing I'm doing I'm all ears.

stu

Edited by powerlord

OK, I'm gonna answer a bit of my own post, rather than edit above in case useful to others.

I'm not sure what I did to fix connectivity - so I'll just say what I did:

- I got a rooted asiair image from here and booted it so I could ssh in and confirm the cp2102 device loaded as a usb serial port:

https://gist.github.com/timucingelici/217ac492bc2b127c6645ce033463d265

and it proved it was loading it fine.

I then powered everything off,  put the original sdcard back in, powered every on.. and was going to go through all baud rates once more..

but it straight away connected fine as EQMOD mount baud 9600 !!

home, goto, the lot, all working! yeeha. so - might be as much use as a chocolate fireguard - but IF you have the same problem - try above.

DSLR - still interested if I'm missing live view.. I imagine there is none though. pity if that's the case - I mean it IS possible with canon utilities..

Now 2-3 nights clear... however idea conditions not needed to [removed word] around with  new kit... chances are I'll just waste all the time trying to get everything setup... but will give it a go anyway.

stu