Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help with Stellarium please?

I have the latest version of Stellarium installed on three different machines, a NUC, a laptop, and a desktop.

On the NUC, when I zoom in on a target, I get an image of it; on the other two, all I get is the red circle. I've poured over the settings but as far as I can see, they are all set up identically, yet they can't be.

Can someone tell me what setting I need to alter to get the images to show please?

TIA,

Steve

Worth checking this...

1. Go into settings (F2) and then choose the 'Extras' tab. The middle section is 'Show additional buttons'. Switch on 'Nebula Background' (off by default). Close the settings.

2. Now you should see an extra button on the ribbon at the bottom of the main view to the right of 'planet labels'. This turns the background images on or off. Make sure they are turned on.

The background images should be on by default so this may not be your issue but there is no harm in checking.

The 'Extras' settings panel also has the option to switch on the 'flip' buttons. I find it quite handy to be able to switch the main view to replicate the orientation I see through the scope.