M106 in Canes Venatici.

Taman

My first attempt at this galaxy. I found it difficult to get a nice looking image as most of the detail is in the central core with very little in the outer regions. Not sure if adding Ha will make much difference.

36 x 300s, with darks, flats and dark flats

C11 at f6.3, ASI294MC Pro and Optolong L-Pro filter.

Thanks for looking!

Tony.

m106a.jpg

Edited by Taman
  • Like 15

Very nice indeed Tony.

Had a go at this last year with my TS Apo and ASI 1600 but was nothing like as good as yours. Currently bashing it with the ODK 16200 combination.

H-alpha will make a difference as there are HII jets being ejected by the central black hole, but you'll need a shed load of data. I got 12 hours last year and it barely made a difference.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DaveS said:

Very nice indeed Tony.

Had a go at this last year with my TS Apo and ASI 1600 but was nothing like as good as yours. Currently bashing it with the ODK 16200 combination.

H-alpha will make a difference as there are HII jets being ejected by the central black hole, but you'll need a shed load of data. I got 12 hours last year and it barely made a difference.

Thanks Dave! At least I now know what I'm up against. Not sure if I want to spend all that time on one target! 

Tony.