NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Meade QX Wide Angle 26mm EP

jambouk

Then post images of what you've got and we can all take a swing at trying to figure it out.  Often times, the barrel and retaining rings dictate the order.  Double convex lenses can be troublesome when they're almost, but not quite, symmetric and can fit in either direction.  Sometimes, the negative field lens can be flipped as well as everything still fits.

Whatever order I place them all in, the lens are not tight, as though I've lost a spacing ring, which I don't think I have and which wouldn't have anywhere to go anyway. I got the eyepiece for £10, and have never used it and looking online it is dire anyway, so I'm going to pass it on to a friend who likes to tinker and see if he can re-arrange them and get it to work.

Thanks.

James

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Hey guys bought a used package of lenses. In it was a Meade QX  wide angle 36mm lense. Obviously it was dismantled, no by me. But the internal parts are all there. I saw the schematic posted but have one question. Which end is the eye peice end??

Do you mean the eye lens end?  I believe it is the top with the angled dashed lines implying sightlines from the eye.  Additionally, the little triangles at the bottom represent a cross section of the physical field stop ring which is generally beveled in shape.  The lens above it is called the field lens.  The field stop faces the objective lens or mirror.

Try stacking the lenses on a short dowel or tube, and then slide the barrel over them.  Dropping the lenses down into the barrel can cause them to tip, jam, and chip.

• 3 months later...

Post images of the lenses and spacers.  A lot of times, there's only one order that works, and it comes down to which way to flip individual lenses that are nearly symmetrical.  You end up trying both ways to see which orientation provides the better image.