Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Quick first impressions of SVBony 7mm-21mm zoom

GazOC

I bought a couple of these zooms off EBay for £42 each with the intention of using them as a pair for lunar binoviewing and as a single for quick looks.

The eyepieces are very light which is an advantage when you're putting all that extra kit on the back of a scope, the zoom action is smooth enough but with no click stops.

I used the eyepiece(s) in my ED120 and 127mm Mak/Cass, as expected the binoviewers needed a Barlow element screwed in to reach focus on the ED120 but worked fine without in the Mak. The views were sharp throughout the magnification range but showed some astigmatism towards the edges at the lower end in the ED120 at f7.5 but not the ~f12 Mak.  

The FOV on these zooms are narrower than the more expensive Hyperion zoom but it didn't feel too restrictive, overall I was impressed and think for £42 they are a bit of a bargain if you are realistic in your expectations 

• Like 3