Tomorrow or monday the FS102NSV will be in my hands meanwhile a nasty surprise with the finder

I hope all will be right with this used piece. 

Meanwhile i have buyed a used 6x30 finder. It is the best 6x30 finder i have used, for what it show me. 

Nessuna descrizione della foto disponibile.

but the dream did not last long because the eyepiece had a slight internal crack in the edge. It did not affect the vision in the least. having said that, being a perfectionist, I couldn't stand this thing and I sent it back to the sender. i will buy it new.

one thing, however, I must tell you. the field was wide, but the exit pupil rigid, meaning you have to find the right position.
I think this may be a problem in real use. Furthermore, the field is really wide, there is a small yellowish chromatic residue and I have a slight sense of daze looking at the image, however crystal clear over the whole field.
I therefore think that it is certainly a tool to have for completeness, but that I will not use practically, having a normal angled finder.

Edited by Fedele
  • Sad 1

• Fedele changed the title to Tomorrow or monday the FS102NSV will be in my hands meanwhile a nasty surprise with the finder

I hope you enjoy the scope when you get it :thumbright:

I had the Takahashi 6x30 finder with my FC100-DL when I bought it but though it is a wonderful finder, I find a humble 6x30 Skywatcher was much more comfortable to use.

The seller should have told you about the crack in the eyepiece lens of that finder - it is quite a large one :rolleyes2: