Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Connecting Nikon DSLR to Evostar 72ED. Advice needed on set up.

Hi everyone, so I'm just getting started and have most of the equipment I THINK I need. I have my evostar 72ED refractor telescope, 2 inch extension tubes to reach the focuser - a 30mm, 10 mm, 8mm, and 5mm, an M48 T Ring adapter and my Nikon D7500. They all connect but I haven't been able to use it yet due to weather. I've read multiple times that I need a flattener and will get one as soon as the OVL field flattener becomes available. As for the connections, I noticed some people recommend a threaded adapter for the tubes/flatteners to connect to the telescope instead of using the screws attached to it. Any advice where/how to do so? Also do I need to add the extra 5mm or 8mm tube extensions to slide into the telescope so the 30mm+10mm can still reach the needed 55mm? the distancing to the focuser is still a little confusing to me since I can't get out and take a look for myself at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Im very excited to get it all working! Thank you in advance

Edited by hooloovoo