Alignment Issue Celestron 6se

I am having issues using the three star alignment. I was easily able to find object and center with finderscope and eyepiece. The controller then says match confirmed but the next prompt says star pointer not found. I have had this telescope since October and have been able to do this process easily many times before. I am a beginner so I'm sure I'm missing something. The finderscope and eyepiece were spot on so I'm not sure what's off here.  Any help or advice would be appreciated!

I had an 8se but guess its the same - you need to ensure you pick 3 stars really far apart from each other and ensure you’ve set the date and time in the handset with day light saving time switched on and it should automatically do it all for you 

The Nexstar 3-star alignment can fail if one of the stars you pick is not bright enough to be in the shortlist of alignment objects. The solution is either pick brighter stars,  or do a 2-star align wich is just as accurate (but you have to know your stars.)

• Like 1

+1 for two-star alignment, takes less time and should be easy to pick two bright stars far apart (ones that are easily identifiable in their part of the sky).  If it fails then try a different pair. 

My two pennies: this is one of the main reasons why I gave up using goto at home, doing that star alignment was a pain and very frustrating when it didn't work (my SE mount also had a bad power connector so it would frequently reset, right back to the beginning!)  Manual EQ mount is so much quicker and forces me to learn the night sky more.  Goto is much better when it's on a fixed pier or you have tripod feet markers in the ground so that you don't have to do the alignment every time.  6SE would probably sit fine on an AZ4 or similar mount in case you ever fancied manual.

Edited by jonathan