Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Canon 450D sensor info/datasheet?

rank

Guys, talking to the developer of the Cam 86/87/90 diy camera, trying to convince him to expand the sensor choices, particularly the sensor of the Canon 450D camera. I'm failing to find any particular information on it though.

Anyone has the details?

Thanks

13 minutes ago, rank said:

I mean, Nikon D50's sensor, used in can86/87 and the upcoming 89 projects is Sony ICX453AQ, but can't find similar index for the Canon D450

I don't think there is any public info on that sensor as it is proprietary Canon made sensor for exclusive use in their DSLR cameras.

You can't purchase that sensor separately to use in your own product (Canon does have some industrial sensors but I don't think any of those are used in their cameras).

You won't be able to find schematics for it online - only way to figure out how it operates - is to reverse engineer it. Someone with electronics knowledge and skills could open up 450D and see electronic leads and then figure out what pins on sensors do...

Maybe look if you can find any info on DIGIC III processor - as it is used to read data from sensor itself.